Events at Tanfield House
"Thank you Allanah & Neil for hosting such a beautiful evening of drinks, canapes, music and song for my 70th birthday.Everyone absolutely loved it and said how perfect Tanfield House was for such an occasion. The setting by the river was magical and the house is as beautiful in Autumn/Winter as it is in Spring/Summer. You made us all feel very much at home and very welcome. An experience we would not have found in a hotel or restaurant. Simply perfect. We will be back!"
Roger & Susan
In addition to weddings, Tanfield House is a very flexible venue, which can be used for a variety of private events, whatever the occasion:
- Significant Birthdays
- Funeral Receptions
What you need to know
- Drinks parties within the house - max capacity 60 people (min number per booking 30 people) - for this you can use the inner hall and period drawing room - approx cost £30 per head (including 2 drinks and 3 canapes per head)
- Dinner parties within the house - max capacity 40 people (min number per booking 20 people)- for this you can use the inner hall for drinks and the period drawing room for dinner - approx cost £55 per head (including 2 reception drink and 3 canapes per head and a 2 course sit down meal with tea, coffee and water. Wine is additional)
- Funeral Receptions - Full afternoon tea for a max of 60 people (depending on the time of the year - more in fine weather)
- Garden Marquee Celebrations - max capacity 100 people / 80 dining / 100 drinks - cost would include the hire of the marquee and catering per head.
- Costs for all of the above agreed per enquiry depending on the occasion, time of year, day of the week, size of party etc.
- There is ample off street parking on the grounds
- The whole of the ground floor of the house is perfect for disabled access as it is all on one level with a loo on the ground floor.
Our elegant period drawing room with wonderful high ceilings, Georgian picture windows and glorious views over the River Ure can be used in a variety of ways as pictured below.
River View Pavillion
Licensed for civil ceremonies, and can also be used to house a string quartet or other music whilst you have your reception on the lawn. It can also be used for light evening catering, such as coffee and tea, cheese, hog roast etc, or just enjoyed as a wonderful riverside space.
riverside garden Marquee
Overlooking the river, you may choose a garden marquee option for up to 100 people. Our marquee supplier www.kingmarquees.co.uk maximises space and stunning riverside setting, with panoramic sides on the marquee overlooking the river. You can style the marquee and grounds as you wish to fit with your vision of how your occasion should be, or you can seek the help of our our very talented stylist Sarah Franklin www.farminteriors.com
Our stunning wood panelled Inner Hall provides the perfect setting for drinks receptions, choirs, photos etc. The surrounding staircase gives wonderful height and light.