Weddings at danby hall
FAIRYTALE dream weddings
why danby hall?
- Incredibly private ensuring a wondefully personal and bespoke experience
- Not a typical wedding venue - flexible use of house and grounds
- Steeped in history
- Small consecrated Catholic Chapel within the house and a larger Catholic Church on the estate for Catholic ceremonies - max capacity 60 people
- Larger Catholic Churches in the area are St Peter & Paul, Leyburn (capacity approx 160), Father James Blenkensop 01969 623141 email@example.com and incredibly beautiful St Francis Xavier Church, Richmond (capacity approx 200) Father O'Neill 01748 822175
Church of England churches in the parish for larger weddings. St Mary & Akelda Church, Middleham and St John the Evangelist, East Witton (both capacity from 150-300) - contact Revd Liz Moody 07796 988302 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stunning settings
- Wonderfully creative and engaging Celebrant on hand to curate your perfect ceremony for you in any part of the house or grounds available for hire
- Nearest registry office is in Leyburn (link to Leyburn Registration Office)
- A hidden gem!
Review of Claire McNicholl, Celebrant
"Claire was truly the most wonderful celebrant we could have asked for; from our first meeting she fully understood the type of ceremony we wanted and went above and beyond to make the day feel personal, intimate and memorable.
Claire’s kind nature and approachability put us at complete ease and throughout the twelve months of planning I always felt I could approach her with any queries or concerns, all of which were answered thoughtfully and with great care and attention. She took time to review our vows to each other, offering small amends and tips to make them flow well, and choreographed the ceremony to perfection.
On the big day Claire was on hand to put me at ease and assure me that everything looked wonderful. The ceremony itself was truly one of our favourite parts of the day; a great combination of personal anecdotes, readings and vows. Claire’s delivery and pace kept our guests’ attention and she set the tone perfectly for the rest of the day’s celebrations.
We can’t recommend Claire highly enough and any wedding ceremony she is a part of is guaranteed to be fantastic.
Thank you again for all your fantastic work last year; we look back on our wedding ceremony incredibly fondly.
Best wishes, Rachel"
"Dear Claire, we just wanted to thank you for acting as celebrant at our “wedding vows” ceremony at in December 2017. You seemed to understand right from the start what we were trying to achieve, our planning meetings were great fun and you gave us good advice and guidance.
Your help on the day making sure everything ran smoothly was invaluable, we had the most magical day imaginable. We won’t hesitate in recommending your services.
Thank you again for your time, care and help in making it a memorable day.
Many thanks, Hilary and John"
With extensive grounds and sizeable period rooms within the house, Danby Hall is an entirely flexible wedding venue. A stunning blank canvas to design your dream day.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Capacity - Minimum capacity 150 within the house - no max capacity within marquee
- Drinks receptions within the house - max capacity 150/200 - 2 large reception rooms available on the ground floor of the house for drinks receptions
- Dining within the house - max capacity 80
- Dancing within the house - max capacity 80
- Marquee - you are free to select the marquee of your choosing, from tipis and Yurts, to traditional pole tents and clearspan framed marquees. Whatever suits your party style. Our wedding packages include clear span fully equipped framed marquee
- Catering - Danby Hall has an incredible caterer - Lady G - who can meet all budgets and tastes, from weird and wonderful to sophisticated and traditional. She builds her menu according to your taste, ideas and budget.
- Bar - free or cash bar provided
- Corkage - You can provide your own wine and champagne/prosecco at Danby Hall with a low corkage fee of £5 per bottle
- Wine List - Danby Hall offers an extrensive wine list ranging from approx £13 per bottle
- Entertainment - Live and recorded music is permitted at Danby Hall
- Curfew - 12-1am